Torphichen Kirk is located in the small village of Torphichen in West Lothian. There has been a church on the site since the 12th century, and the current building was built on the original foundations in 1756. The church is connected to the ancient Preceptory, which was home to the Knights Hospitaller of the Order of St John. More information can be found from Historic Environment Scotland.
Torphichen Kirk has been linked with Avonbridge Church since 1970. Both churches are also partnered with PCEA Magina Church, which is situated in the Rift Valley in Kenya.
We have been an active Eco-Congregation since 2003, having received the first and second awards so far and we are looking at how we can progress to further levels in the future. As part of this, we are also a FairTrade congregation and have a Traidcraft stall stocked with a range of food and gifts in St John's Hall.
Central Refuge Stone in Torphichen Kirkyard - 12th century